DJI Phantom 4 Pro is an easy and smooth 4K camera drone, The Phantom 4 Pro is truly spectacular drones from DJI, who took the basic features of the Phantom 4 and substantially improved them. This drone doesn’t drift and has rock solid shots when hovering. You can easily pick it up and learn without the nuances and risk of a RC Quadcopter. DJI Phantom 4 Pro does exactly that with a new camera boasting a larger 1”20MP sensor capable of 4k video at up to 60fps! The adoption of titanium alloy and magnesium alloy construction increases the rigidity of the airframe and reduces weight, making the Phantom 4 Pro similar in weight to the Phantom 4. When I shoot in 1080P/60FPS and get smooth shots not only high up, but close to the ground. You aren’t limited to a camera slider, or crane, and have all the control in your hands to frame the perfect shot.
Intelligent Flight Features:
Draw is a brand new technology for waypoint control. Simply draw a route on screen and the Phantom 4 Pro will move in that direction while keeping its altitude locked. This allows the pilot to focus on camera control and enables more complex shots. There are two Draw modes forward and free; they can be used in different scenarios.
- Forward: The aircraft follows the route at a constant speed with the camera facing in the direction of flight.
- Free: The aircraft only moves along the route when instructed. In this mode, the camera can face in any direction during a flight.
Active Track: Phantom 4 Pro can track and shoot the fast-moving objects. The Phantom 4 Pro automatically recognizes subjects, follows and captures them as they move, making it easier to get complex shots. Pilots can now choose between:
- Trace: Follow behind or in front of a subject, avoiding obstacles automatically.
- Profile: Fly alongside a subject at a variety of angles to get profile shots of the subject.
Tap Fly: Fly in any direction visible on-screen with a simple tap. Tap anywhere on-screen to smoothly adjust the direction of flight while automatically avoiding obstacles * and tap the screen again or use control sticks to change direction. There are now three TapFly modes:
- TapFly Forward: Tap to fly in the selected direction
- TapFly Backward: Tap to fly in the opposite direction of the tap, i.e. tap in the bottom right corner of the screen to fly backward towards the top left.
- TapFly Free: Lock the forward direction of the Phantom without locking the camera direction allowing it to turn as it flies.
Return to Home: Phantom 4 Pro can automatically choose the best route to return home depending on environmental conditions. It records its route as it flies, allowing it to return along the same route avoiding obstacles if the control signal is disconnected. At takeoff, the Phantom 4 Pro will record the scene below and compare its recording with what it sees as it returns, for more precise landing. It can also detect the ground to see whether there is suitable spot for landing.
Gesture Mode: Using Gesture Mode, selfies can be captured easily using a few gestures without the remote controller.
Intelligent flight modes:
DJI Phantom 4 Pro intelligent flight modes point of interest is great as you can control camera and distance while it orbits your shot. Way points are smooth so you can focus on getting the shot after setting your points rather than flying the craft. Active track and follow modes are in the bad section. Phantom 4 Pro offers three modes for flight: P, A and S. Switching between them allows pilots to get the control they need, whether they seek smoothness, simplicity, intelligent navigation or speed.
- Position Mode, TapFly, ActiveTrack, obstacle sensing and positioning features are available.
- Sport Mode adds extra agility and higher speed, reaching 45mph (72kph). When fly in sport mode, it goes really fast! This is where you may actually crash it as you want to fly low and fast;
- Atti Mode switches off satellite stabilization and holds the Phantom 4 Pro’s altitude.
- Product Position: Entry-Level Professional Drone with Powerful Obstacle Avoidance
- Size 0.18 x 14 x 14.5 inches
- Weight (Battery & Propellers Included): 1388g
- Max Flight Time: Approx. 30 minutes
- Battery: 5870mAh 15.2V Lipo battery
- Vision System: Forward Vision System, Backward Vision System, Downward Vision System
- Obstacle Sensing: Front & Rear Obstacle Avoidance, Left & Right Infrared Obstacle Avoidance
- Camera Sensor: 1” CMOS, Effective pixels: 20 M
- Max. Video Recording Resolution: 4K 60P
- Max Transmission Distance: FCC: 4.3 mi
- Video Transmission System: Lightbridge
- Operating Frequency: 2.4 GHz/5.8 GHz, *5.8 GHz transmission is not available in some regions due to local regulations.
- Distance range: 7 km
- Speed: 72 km/h
Where to buy?
You can check the DJI Phantom 4 Pro on Amazon: